2014年9月23日星期二

IPhone 6 Plus in opposition to. Samsung Galaxy addendum 3: What's arrived a widget?

IPhone 6 Plus in opposition to. Samsung Galaxy addendum 3: What's arrived a widget?

Any more day of the week, any more part arrived my continued struggles to select a defeater connecting my two favorite over-sized phones of the flash.

Seeing that a recap: I've lived with my not public Samsung Galaxy addendum 3 in favor of nearly six months at this instant. It replaced a addendum 2, which I had in favor of a not sufficiently concluded a day. This is my own phone, solitary which I aid personally (surfing Reddit, casual gaming) and professionally (conducting interviews, lots and lots of email).

I recently had the opportunity to reconsideration the iPhone 6 Plus, and we absolute it'd be alive a competent goal to keep the comparisons running, since so many of you inquired nearly how the two stack up. (And all right, I know many of you are interested arrived how the 6 Plus compares to the addendum 4, but we're all departing to control to linger a not sufficiently longer to pay a visit to nearly with the purpose of.)

Stay fresh era I talked nearly the hardware, but at the moment I'd like to focus on the software a small piece extra. Specifically: Widgets. (Yes, I realize this doesn't relate to the plus-sized nature of these phones, but in favor of me it's an weighty comparison element of the two platforms.)

I was quite excited what time I learned with the purpose of iOS 8 would ultimately be alive bringing aftermarket keyboards to the front, seeing that SwiftKey was a chief wisdom in favor of my continuing to stay with robot. Widgets, too, are an incredibly handy part of a set of the puzzle, so again I was glad to pay a visit to them advent to iOS -- arrived a rage.

Robot has of program had desktop widgets since the opening, and even Mac OS has had them in favor of ages. But, in favor of a quantity of wisdom, they've remained unthinkable on Apple's mobile phone operating structure. With the purpose of remains valid, but the veil is being lifted, faintly, allowing them to appear seeing that so-called extensions arrived the notification window -- itself a up to date addition to iOS, you may well recall.

On my addendum 3, I aid a percentage of widgets unfold across five desktops. They are (in veto actual order):

Assistive light: Turns on the flashlight on the back of the phone
Calendar: Pretty standard stuff. I dedicate a unbroken folio of my desktop to this. Combines nearly four poles apart Google calendars seamlessly.
Call quick dial: I control a percentage of these in favor of frequent contacts
Unproblematic Voice Recorder: Quick and, all right, unproblematic recording in favor of capturing interviews. In a minute press the "record" button and so therefore start urgent the hopeful.
Google Drive: There's a downright widget with the purpose of lets you quickly access your docs. I really control two of these widgets on my desktop, solitary in favor of my not public financial credit, solitary in favor of my work out financial credit.
Google Search: Finds things arrived sitting room.
TripIt: Quickly tells me somewhere I need to take off, which car rental counter, which inn, et cetera. Makes certain I don't progress lost what time I'm jet lagged.
FlightTrack Pro: Real-time updates on flights, just on my desktop. Syncs with TripIt, making my life competent what time I'm on the road, which is a percentage.

Seeing that of at this instant, not sufficiently of this functionality exists seeing that extensions to the notification window. Granted, it's early on days and I expect much of with the purpose of functionality to get nearer along eventually, but what's not permitted in attendance at this instant is largely disappointing. In favor of illustration, Strava is my favorite fitness app and Amazon Kindle my favorite conception app. Both at this instant offer extensions, and both wing achieve not sufficiently extra than launch their respective apps.

However, Evernote's additional wing is equally close, with quick relatives in favor of creating text comments, capturing photos, et cetera. And of program in attendance are the rudimentary extensions with weather, calendar, reminders, stocks, et cetera.

Certain era, extensions desire match the functionality with the purpose of Android's widgets presently offer, but solitary considerable difficult desire stay, and that's how they're presented. On robot, if discover a quantity of wonderful additional widgets I can add an further homeland screen and tuck them away, insertion them exactly somewhere I wish for. (For illustration, I control a folio of travel-related widgets and app shortcuts.)

With iOS 8, the extra extensions I add the longer with the purpose of notification window desire progress. Eventually I'm departing to be alive scrolling a protracted, protracted way down to attain the foundation.

In favor of at this instant, this is a free win in favor of the addendum 3, and in favor of robot arrived universal. We'll progress closer to parity seeing that extra devs attain extra ways to build extensions work out, but it'll not at all quite match until we progress proper widgets on the iOS desktop. If I had to suppose, I'd say with the purpose of, too, desire get nearer arrived due era.

Tags: Phone , Samsung ,Galaxy , Apple , iphone
Related : http://bherywu.myblog.de/     


没有评论:

发表评论